1. Make sure your smart phone is connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot created by the camera (the SSID of this hotspot is named as YiCarCam_XXXXXX), the six Xs are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address. The default password is 1234567890.
2. Smart phone’s Bluetooth or other Bluetooth devices in the vehicle will interfere the Wi-Fi hotspot. It is advised to shut down Bluetooth devices when the smart phone is connected to the camera hotspot.
3. Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi of the smart phone, or restart the phone and the camera to try again.
4. For some phone models (like SAMSUNG and Huawei), if the mobile data and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically when the Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smart phone.
For SAMSUNG users: go to Settings — WLAN — Advanced, switch off the “Automatic Data Switch” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
For Huawei users: go to Settings — WLAN — Advanced, switch off the “Avoid Poor Connections” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
5. If a proxy setting is applied to the Wi-Fi setting, the connection may also fail. Tap the SSID of the camera and go to Advanced — Proxy Settings, select “none” and save the Wi-Fi connection. Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi option to try again.
6. Quit the APP (also kill the background process of the APP) and reopen the APP.
If the instructions above cannot solve your problem, please contact our after-sale service to receive technical support.